A trip to SADeaf!!!
This is the first time tat I really get to interact with the hearing impaired (other than our bsl instructor).
Kinda mixed feelings initially...
Excited yet worried.
So looking forward to signing to them, yet gotta worry bout my lousy receptive skill.
BUT...
It all turned out fine today!
They were a great bunch of peeps!
Can u imagine signing in CHINESE (and not SEE)?
Its really cool.
A few participants from SADeaf taught us some basic signing in Chinese.
Like the "jia" (home) most, cos it made lots of meaning,isn't it?
Lol.
Had our portfolio briefing too.
And realised tat programmers are one of the most "xiong" portfolio out of the rest.
Heard from seniors tat they actually had late night meetings to generate ideas and fine-tune their proposal.
I tink we're gonna have a wonderful time there.
And I tink we'll get really bonded!!!
Woo hoo~
Programmers woosh!
Farrago-ians woosh! :)
(Anyway, a HI actually asked us direction at the bus stop today and I couldn't catch a single thing he was signing except for bus no.14. Me,being the slowpoke, signed to the guy asking him to slow down and REPEAT. Yes, he did repeat, 3 times, but I still cant catch anything! OMG. I feel RETARDED... Why is my sign language so chui? Gosh.)
This is the first time tat I really get to interact with the hearing impaired (other than our bsl instructor).
Kinda mixed feelings initially...
Excited yet worried.
So looking forward to signing to them, yet gotta worry bout my lousy receptive skill.
BUT...
It all turned out fine today!
They were a great bunch of peeps!
Can u imagine signing in CHINESE (and not SEE)?
Its really cool.
A few participants from SADeaf taught us some basic signing in Chinese.
Like the "jia" (home) most, cos it made lots of meaning,isn't it?
Lol.
Had our portfolio briefing too.
And realised tat programmers are one of the most "xiong" portfolio out of the rest.
Heard from seniors tat they actually had late night meetings to generate ideas and fine-tune their proposal.
I tink we're gonna have a wonderful time there.
And I tink we'll get really bonded!!!
Woo hoo~
Programmers woosh!
Farrago-ians woosh! :)
(Anyway, a HI actually asked us direction at the bus stop today and I couldn't catch a single thing he was signing except for bus no.14. Me,being the slowpoke, signed to the guy asking him to slow down and REPEAT. Yes, he did repeat, 3 times, but I still cant catch anything! OMG. I feel RETARDED... Why is my sign language so chui? Gosh.)
~MilkyEgg~
11:54 PM
11:54 PM
