TIME FLIES!
Its been a month ever since we started school.
And I just had my tests this week.
I can finally understand why is it so hard to score in uni.
It just reflects how stupid the mark allocation works.
I cant imagine doing a Math quiz with 2 qns on functions tat cost TWO marks in total.
Q1: Find the domain of the fn (requires ineuality solving)=> 0.8 mark
Q2: Plot a piece-wise fn. Find domain. Hence state the range => 1.2 marks
Perhaps be'cos its Math, so they just like to calculate everything to the precise manner to save them the trouble for conversion(quiz is 2% of overall).
So I was thinking, since Organic Chem test is 3%, does it mean tat it'll have a total marks of 3?
N-O.
Chem test has got 3 qns.
Total marks: 100.
OMG.
Q1: Resonance (expected though) => 25m
Q2: Wat is the hybridization of the Cs in carbocation and carbanion? No. of valence E? Expected geometries? => 50m
[Q2 is like so much simpler than 1 but its more EXPENSIVE!!!]
Q3: Chair conformations => 25m
Haiz.
Wont fail. But wont pass well neither.
Still, ORGANIC CHEMISTRY IS FUN!
This is the first time tat I understand OC (back in JC, I've always memorised! Lol.).
And many things are really on our own to figure out.
The sense of satisfaction I get when I finally "SEE" the light is more definitely than words can say!
Looking forward to more "ORHs, YESs and I SEEs" coming my way.
Wahaha. :)
Its been a month ever since we started school.
And I just had my tests this week.
I can finally understand why is it so hard to score in uni.
It just reflects how stupid the mark allocation works.
I cant imagine doing a Math quiz with 2 qns on functions tat cost TWO marks in total.
Q1: Find the domain of the fn (requires ineuality solving)=> 0.8 mark
Q2: Plot a piece-wise fn. Find domain. Hence state the range => 1.2 marks
Perhaps be'cos its Math, so they just like to calculate everything to the precise manner to save them the trouble for conversion(quiz is 2% of overall).
So I was thinking, since Organic Chem test is 3%, does it mean tat it'll have a total marks of 3?
N-O.
Chem test has got 3 qns.
Total marks: 100.
OMG.
Q1: Resonance (expected though) => 25m
Q2: Wat is the hybridization of the Cs in carbocation and carbanion? No. of valence E? Expected geometries? => 50m
[Q2 is like so much simpler than 1 but its more EXPENSIVE!!!]
Q3: Chair conformations => 25m
Haiz.
Wont fail. But wont pass well neither.
Still, ORGANIC CHEMISTRY IS FUN!
This is the first time tat I understand OC (back in JC, I've always memorised! Lol.).
And many things are really on our own to figure out.
The sense of satisfaction I get when I finally "SEE" the light is more definitely than words can say!
Looking forward to more "ORHs, YESs and I SEEs" coming my way.
Wahaha. :)
~MilkyEgg~
11:02 PM
11:02 PM
